- Dubai Film Connection: production award 2007
- Dubai International Film Festival: Special Jury Award, Arab Documentary 2008
- One World International Documentary Film Festival Prague: Special Mention 2009
Jury statement: For his first time feature-length film Simon El Habre succeeded in sharing with the audience both a family history and an episode in the history of war-torn Lebanon. He did so with a sensibility to human faces and human words that create a seldom-seen vision of the Middle East.
- Hot Docs: Best feature-length Documentary, International Competition 2009
Jury statement: Exceptional clarity in the filmic storytelling of a simple man in the Lebanese highlands, told with great empathy and even more skill. This film is an enchanting and gripping film and at once a pleasant and powerful experience.
- Monaco Charity Film Festival: Special Jury Award (Documentary Films) 2009
Jury Statement: The Special Jury Award goes to THE ONE MAN VILLAGE for it's sobriety and excellence in movie making in tackling a simple subject on everyday's life!
- Arab Film Festival Rotterdam: Silver Hawk (Secind Best Documentary) 2009
Jury Statement: For its evocation of the larger issues of war and peace in Lebanon through the portrayal of the life of a single man left behind in a village and for the simple and beautiful cinematic language which sustains it.
- Expresión en Corto (Mexico): Honorable Mention Feature Length Documentary 2009
Jury Statement: The jury wanted to acknowledge the poignant visual style of this intimate portrait of a One Man Village.
- Dokufest Prizren: Special Mention International Feature Length Documentary 2009
- XV Film Festival delle Lessinia: Special Mention of the International Jury
Jury Statement: For having recounted courage and persistence, in a region marked by war, through the sympathetic portrayal of a simple man who restists,and doesn't abondon his small village in Lebanon.
- AMAL - Arab Film Festival: Best Documentary