1. THE ONE MAN VILLAGE opening film of International Documentary Film Festival Munich and more screenings
1. THE ONE MAN VILLAGE opening film of International Documentary Film Festival Munich We are proud to announce that Dok.Fest Munich will open with THE ONE MAN VILLAGE by Simon El Habre (Libanon 2008) next Wednesday.
After screenings in Damascus, Prague, Washington, Tétouan, Paris, Tunis and Nyon the film is shown at Toronto and Jeonju at the moment. Next stations are
- Documenta Madrid (competition), 2.+5.5.2009
- Hot Docs Toronto (International Spectrum), 4.5.2009 in the presence of the director
- Jeonju International Film Festival (competition), 4.5.2009
- DOK.Fest Munich (competition), 6.+9.5.2009 in the presence of the director
- Monaco Charity Film Festival, 14.5.2009
- Arsenal Berlin, in the program „I went to the Zoo the other Day“, 21.5.2009 (19.15)
- Arab Film Festival Rotterdam (competition), 10.-14.6.2009
The film will be released theatrically in September, both in Lebanon and Germany
Semaan is leading a quiet life on his farm in the small village Ain el-Halazoun in the Lebanese mountains. The hamlet was completely emptied and destroyed in combats during the civil war in Lebanon between 1975 and 1990. Today, many years after an official reconciliation, its inhabitants which are all from one family regularly go back to the village to cultivate their plots of land or visit their houses and always leave before sunset.
In his comforting and humorous film Simon El Habre observes the life in his quasi ghost village and tries to reflect on the collective and individual memory in a country that seems to live in a collective amnesia and is vulnerable to a new civil war.
Simon El Habre, Lebanon 2008, 86 min, color, HDCAM, Arabic with English subtitles
These days THE ONE MAN VILLAGE keeps mec film busy as well as a bulk of lectures in Germany.
Yet there are projects in the tube:
- The new online-DVD-shop of mec film will open within the next couple of weeks.
- We are waiting to see the rough cut of Dana Goldberg’s new short film ALLIGATOR and will inform you about the release in World Sales soon
- mec film services - consultancy, services and workshops will go online sometime in May